MagicSpam is an anti-spam product designed to target spam and junk mail, and remove it before it even gets in your inbox. Simple to understand, with a full Graphical User Interface, statistics, graphs, full logging, custom controls, blacklists, exemptions and other tools, MagicSpam has regular updates and can protect unlimited email addresses.
Spam Protection for Plesk Panel. Designed for easy integration and effortless maintenance . MagicSpam has developed an antispam solution for Plesk Panel Servers. Simple to use, easy to install . Simply install this ‘Made for Plesk Panel’ module like any other through the module administration interface not only do you get the protection of MagicSpam, but since spam blocking occurs in the SMTP daemon (PRE-DATA) you also reduce Plesk backscatter problems that occur when your filters try to bounce messages to forged email addresses. This results in less overhead and better server performance. Magic Spam for Plesk will coexist with other spam filters and block most of the spam even before it gets to Spam Assassin or your Anti-Virus program. As well your server will receive automated updates several times a day, to provide a more Zero Day prevention against new attackers, whether they be Spam or Dictionary Attacks.
Installation procedure of Magicspam
- To install MagicSpam go to Plesk Home > Extensions.
- Extension Management page shows the existing extension names. Select extension catalog tab for available extension name.
- Search MagicSpam Embedded Protection and click install button. Wait for complete installation message.
- Click on Extension Tab it shows the installed Extension name (No 4 shows the MagicSpam item name). Click and enter into MagicSpam Embedded Protection.
- Click on settings tab.
- MagicSpam protection status indicates protection is currently Enable or Disable. We can toggle state to click on this button.
- Option field has the inbound message limitation. We can put administrator email id.
- Go to Exemption tab here we can allow specific senders and IP's in exemption list.
- Server policy field is used for configuring rules of MagicSpam. Some rules are recommended for server.
- All email must originate from an IP address, and IP reputation can be used to tell if a certain IP Address is responsible for sending Spam or Unwanted Bulk Email.
- IP reputation settings are used to check sender email-id’s IP address reputation. It gather IP reputation from some online spam checker websites. If incoming Email-sender IP reputation is poor them magicSpam treat as a spam mail and Block the mail.
- Search for details information on message based on sender or recipient. Put the sender or recipient email-id and click on search button. It shows the existing log report according to mentions email-ids.
- It shows MagicSpam log file location in back end.
- Below is given the demo log report. It shows the suspected spam mail