To scheduled backup your accounts, please follow the below steps:
1. First click on the Preferences tab of your zimbra desktop.
2. In the configure backups section, select the backup tab from All Accounts (you can backup all your accounts that you have created in zimbra desktop).
3. Please tick the check-box of email account from Accounts field, this will enable the backup of the particular account.
4. Now if you want to schedule the backup please select when you want backups to run, Every day, Every Week or Every Month.
5. In the Location field, you may type the path of the directory where the backup should be saved. For example, to save to your ZD_backups folder on external drive E, type "E:\ZD_backups".
Note: Remember that items in your local folders and POP account folders are saved to your computer (On Microsoft Windows Vista and 7 the default path is - "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Zimbra\zd_backup").
6. In the Retention field, please select the number of backups you want to save. The default is to save only 1 backup file. You can select to save up to 5 backups before the oldest backup is overwritten.
7. If you scheduled your backup to run automatically, the backup is run according to your schedule. Zimbra desktop must be open for backups to run. If a backup session was scheduled for a time when you were not logged in to zimbra desktop, the next time you log on, the backup starts.
To backup up your accounts immediately, please follow the below step:
8. If you want to backup up your accounts immediately or if your schedule is set to Never, click on Backup Accounts Now tab to run a backup session. Depending on the size of the accounts being backed up this may take a while. Please do not close the zimbra desktop while the backup is running. You can continue to work in zimbra desktop.