Steps to follow to create a FTP account in server 2003
This article will guide you on how to create an FTP account in Windows Server 2003 from IIS. For that, first you will have the FTP server installed in your VPS.
If you already have an FTP server on your VPS then go ahead and perform the below mentioned steps:
- Login to your VPS via RDP.
- Open Computer Management [Start -> right click on My Computer -> select Manage option].
- Expand ‘Local Users & Groups’ then right click on ‘Users’ option and select ‘New User’ to create a new user.
- You will now see a New User window, here mention the below mentioned details for your FTP user:
- Now, open IIS Manager [Start -> Administrative Tools -> Internet Information Service Manager].
- Expand the computer name, expand FTP Sites, right click on Default FTP Site, select Permissions option.
- Now, allow and assign particular permissions to your FTP account by following these steps:
- Click on 'Add...' button. Then click on 'Advanced...' button.
- From the Select Users or Groups wizard, click on 'Find Now' button.
- It will show you the list of all users, from that select your FTP user and click on OK.