Installing Plesk Panel on CentOS Linux server
Check out our updated step by step guide on how to setup plesk obsidian on centos 7
To install Plesk panel at Linux server, please follow the below given steps.
Step-01: Installation of the Plesk control panel.
1. Install all necessary packages (for CentOS)
2. Upgrade the OS version:
3. Download Plesk Installer:
4. Add execution permissions to Plesk Installer:
5. Launch Plesk Installer with the command below:
Step-02: Installation steps through Shell prompt:
A. The first screen is the terms and conditions. Please press "F" to agree the terms and conditions.
Step-03: Logging in for the first time at Plesk panel:
The first step is to log in for the first time and start the GUI process, setting the admin password etc. To do this, we need to generate a one-time login link. We get that by typing in the following command:
After doing the plesk setup and reset the Plesk panel admin password we can login the plesk panel through below given URL
Step-04 Post installation setup for Plesk Panel
1. After login the Plesk panel, we can see the License agreement page. Please check the tick box to agree the terms and conditions and proceed to the next page.
2. Next is the View Selector page. In this page we can choose the appearance of the panel as per our requirement. We will select Corporate and Business use and appearance will be Service provider view.
3. Then comes the Settings page. Here we will set the information like server hostname, servers shared IP also set the admin password of the plesk panel.
4. Now fill the contact information for the administrator user and click on submit.
5. Once we have filled the required details we will need to enter the license key for the plesk version.
6. I have a trial key for the web host edition, so I have added that key in there and my plesk installation is completed.
Article ID: 1102
Last updated: 06 Sep, 2022