What is a Firewall?
A firewall is a barrier or shield designed to protect your device from the data-based malware dangers on the internet. The firewall is used extensively to block unwanted access to Prevent Unauthorized Remote Access to your systems or servers. It can be your mobile, PCs, servers and any sorts of device.
Jelastic has an in-built firewall which can be managed very easily from the panel itself. You can follow the given below steps to add, delete and disable rules.
- Click on the settings, the click on Firewall.
- Firewall State : From where you can turn on and off the firewall from this section.
- Inbound Rules : Incoming spam filter rules are to be added here.
- Outbound Rules : Outbound spam filter rules are to be added here.
- Isolated Environment Groups : Shows Isolated Environment Groups the current environment is included to.
How to add Inbound rules.?
- Add : To add inbound rules.
- Edit : To edit an already present inbound rule.
- Remove : To remove inbound rules
- Enable/Disable : To enable or disable specific rules.
Add inbound/outbound rules.
The addition process of inbound and outbound rules are same.
- Nodes : If there are multiple nodes, you can select the specific node where you want to add the
- Name : There are predefined templates for adding the ports, also you can change the name and update yours.
- Protocol : Select the protocol TCP/UDP
- Port range : Enter a single port or a port range for eg., 53-58.
- Source : You can enter specific IP from where you want to access or from any source.
- Priority : You can set the priority of rules.
- Action : You can set Deny rule or allow rules
- Then click on add to add the rules in the firewall
How to check when the ports are opened?
To check if ports are open, it can be easily done by telnet from any online websites or from your local system.
telnet 203.227.xx.xx 22
URL : https://ping.eu/port-chk/