Password protected web directory from plesk panel
Objective: For restricting access to any directories on your website, you can use the feature from plesk panel.
Step 1: Follow the steps to create any password protected web directory
1. Visit the URL http://<your_domain>:8880 or https://<your_domain>:8443 (For SSL) and login.
2. Go to Websites & Domains tab and click on Password-Protected Directories as given below.
3. From the Tools section click on the the link Add Protected Directory.
4. Type the path in Directory name, where you want to create the directory, also the Title of the protected area and click OK button.
A popup will inform that the directory is created.
5. You can view the listing of that directory under the same page as given below. Click on the directory Name link to process further.
6. Follow the steps to create an user to access the directory.
A. By clicking Directory Settings, you can modify the directory name and title of the protected area that was created.
B. Click on Add a User under the password protected directories to assign an user for securely accessing it.
Type the Username and Password, then click OK.
A popup will inform that user is added to access that directory.
Step 2: Access the Password-Protected Directory from browser
1. Visit the URL http://<your_domain>/<dir_name> or https://<your_domain>/<dir_name> (For SSL).
2. A popup will open where you have to type the Username and Password for that Password-Protected Directory.
3. After successful login, you can access the content from the that directory.