Steps to Recover Microsoft Outlook .pst file if it gets corrupted
To Recover Microsoft Outlook .pst file please follow the below steps.
The tool that comes with MS Office 2013 that will fix this in most cases is called "SCANPST.EXE".
First of all make a backup of the outlook .pst manually by navigating to the directory.
1. Go to My Computer.
2. Then select C: drive.
3. In C: select Programs files(x86)
4. Under Programs files(x86), select Microsoft office.
5. Under Microsoft office, select root.
6. Under root, select Office 16
7. Under Office 16, select ScanPST
8. After running SCANPST, select the proper .pst file by clicking on browse button you want to scan as shown in the picture below.
9. Then click on start.
10. It will then check for the file consistency.
11. Now you can access Outlook.
Article ID: 1196
Last updated: 20 Jul, 2019